Why Study Medicine in English at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
1–3 years : $4,000
4–6 years : $4,500
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU)?
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is one of the oldest medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine.
- There are currently over 2,200 international students from 40 countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe attending the University.
- ZSMU is a leader in the medical field and was the location of the first heart transplant in Ukraine.
- The university boasts a vibrant sports scene. Students can enjoy the use of its unique sports complex which includes three gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a shooting-range.
+What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- The academic curriculum of the medicine programme at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University is based on the requirements set out by the European Union.
- The university’s prestigious medicine programme lasts six years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The medical course is fully accredited and recognised in many countries worldwide.
- ZSMU is one of the only education institutes in Ukraine to have its own training-scientific centre ‘University Clinic’ in which students can access practical classes and medical aid.
- International students learn in groups of seven to eight along with local students.
- In second year, students attend clinical studies where they can gain practical experience treating patients.
- Clinical subjects are taught from the third year of study. Students can choose to study any topic of interest to deepen their expertise.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers the specialist opportunity for ZSMU students to apply for places in clinical rotations of up to three years in professional medical settings abroad.
- SME matches the ZSMU clinical modules with placements in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in Australia, the UK, Ireland, Canada, and the USA.
- Students must apply directly to SME with the following documentation for placement consideration:
- Their CV and placement preferences including their current programme, the duration of rotation, and the department and location of rotation.
- An official confirmed authorisation of their application from the Professor coordinating their programme.
- SME places students based on order of their application receival and availability of places with strictly limited places on offer.
- ZSMU students who complete international matched clinical rotations benefit from practical skills developed abroad and the establishment of diverse international networks
+ Is Online Study offered?
- Medicine programmes are not permitted to be taught online. It is mandatory for students to attend a Ukrainian medical university in order to study medicine, as stated in Paragraph 3 of the Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Online learning is not recognised by any of the world’s Medical Councils.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and.
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- All Medical Councils evaluate the evidence of studies, including online research, when medical graduates petition for registration.
- For online studies performed during Covid-19, students should have a formal reason prepared, including proof and exception documentation.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||1–3 years of study: 4,000
4–6 years of study: 4,500
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not possible in Ukraine as local medical universities don’t acknowledge non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees due to substantial differences in curriculums of the medicine course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. Thus, Ukrainian medical transcripts cannot include subjects that were studied in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ Life in Zaporizhzhia
- The city of Zaporizhzhia is the sixth biggest in Ukraine and can be found in the South East of the country.
- Zaporizhzhia is handily located near an airport and has plenty of low-cost options for getting around, including bus, train and trolleybus.
- It is located on the beautiful Dnieper River and is nearby to a stunning national park.
- Culture vultures will like the city’s active cultural scene as well as it’s many museums, theatres, festivals and art markets.
- The city is best known as the home of the Cossacks and those with an interest in history can learn more on the nearby island of Khortytsya.
+ Living in Ukraine
- As Europe’s biggest country, Ukraine offers a diverse selection of sights and activities to discover.
- A top destination for travellers with a thirst for adventure, Ukraine boasts many nature reserves and famous hiking trails.
- With its very affordable cost of living, Ukraine is an ideal choice for students on a budget.
- Homesick international students will be sure to be made feel at home as the Ukrainians are famous for their friendliness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events