Why Study Medicine in English at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
1–3 years : $4,000
4–6 years : $4,500
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU)?
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is one of the oldest medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine.
- There are currently over 2,200 international students from 40 countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe attending the University.
- ZSMU is a leader in the medical field and was the location of the first heart transplant in Ukraine.
- The university boasts a vibrant sports scene. Students can enjoy the use of its unique sports complex which includes three gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a shooting-range.
+What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- The academic curriculum of the medicine programme at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University is based on the requirements set out by the European Union.
- The university’s prestigious medicine programme lasts six years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The medical course is fully accredited and recognised in many countries worldwide.
- ZSMU is one of the only education institutes in Ukraine to have its own training-scientific centre ‘University Clinic’ in which students can access practical classes and medical aid.
- International students learn in groups of seven to eight along with local students.
- In second year, students attend clinical studies where they can gain practical experience treating patients.
- Clinical subjects are taught from the third year of study. Students can choose to study any topic of interest to deepen their expertise.
+What is the 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine Course?
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- ZSMU in Ukraine welcomes candidates with a science-related Bachelor’s Degree such as Biomedical Science to apply for a place in the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine programme.
- ZSMU is a highly-regarded medical institution with graduates commencing in the third year or fourth year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme with all modules taught in English.
- Applications require submission of official forms as well as analytical academic transcripts with successful candidates not required to sit entry exams.
- ZSMU’s graduate programme is in line with the EU’s tertiary medical frameworks with pre-clinical and clinical modules taught on-campus and in clinical settings.
- The university has a prestigious faculty and the programme attracts many international students due to the rigorous training, the ‘University Clinic’, and the intensive clinical study from the beginning of the course.
- ZSMU graduates have a global qualification and currently work all over the world with alumni from over 40 countries.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has been authorised to assess paperwork for the graduate programme including application documents, academic transcripts and Bachelor’s history; further information is at the tab below, Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers the specialist opportunity for ZSMU students to apply for places in clinical rotations of up to three years in professional medical settings abroad.
- SME matches the ZSMU clinical modules with placements in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in Australia, the UK, Ireland, Canada, and the USA.
- Students must apply directly to SME with the following documentation for placement consideration:
- Their CV and placement preferences including their current programme, the duration of rotation, and the department and location of rotation.
- An official confirmed authorisation of their application from the Professor coordinating their programme.
- SME places students based on order of their application receival and availability of places with strictly limited places on offer.
- ZSMU students who complete international matched clinical rotations benefit from practical skills developed abroad and the establishment of diverse international networks
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||1–3 years of study:4,000 4–6 years of study:4,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Zaporizhzhia
- The city of Zaporizhzhia is the sixth biggest in Ukraine and can be found in the South East of the country.
- Zaporizhzhia is handily located near an airport and has plenty of low-cost options for getting around, including bus, train and trolleybus.
- It is located on the beautiful Dnieper River and is nearby to a stunning national park.
- Culture vultures will like the city’s active cultural scene as well as it’s many museums, theatres, festivals and art markets.
- The city is best known as the home of the Cossacks and those with an interest in history can learn more on the nearby island of Khortytsya.
+ Living in Ukraine
- As Europe’s biggest country, Ukraine offers a diverse selection of sights and activities to discover.
- A top destination for travellers with a thirst for adventure, Ukraine boasts many nature reserves and famous hiking trails.
- With its very affordable cost of living, Ukraine is an ideal choice for students on a budget.
- Homesick international students will be sure to be made feel at home as the Ukrainians are famous for their friendliness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events