Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine at New Vision University UK with Personalised Learning (Online or On-Campus)?
No entry exams
From 7000 per year
Available due to Covid-19
- BSc graduates can now study for an MD degree in the UK through New Vision University (NVU), a Georgian-based University.
- The graduate entry programme is just four years in duration.
- You can customise the course to suit you; giving you greater flexibility in terms of tuition fees and the programme itself.
- The New Vision University is well-staffed and is fully-equipped with laboratories and medical equipment.
- The university has developed excellent relationships with a network of NHS Hospitals in the UK who allow NVU students to make use of their premises and local staff of consultants (senior doctors). These same university hospitals teach students from UK medical schools.
- This programme is split into pre-clinical and clinical years. During the pre-clinical year, students will study at the NVU Georgian campus. The clinical years consist of lectures and clinical rotations at British and Georgian Hospitals.
- Intakes for this programme take place in October and March.
- New Vision University features state-of-the-art labs and medical equipment and is staffed with the finest teaching professionals.
- New Vision University is a recognised medical institution and is featured in esteemed medical directories and associations such as the WDMS and FAIMER.
This programme is divided into pre-clinical and clinical years.Pre-Clinical Year
- This course can be tailor-made to suit you. The delivery of the first year of the course can be personalised – you can complete it online or on-campus at the New Vision University campus in Tbilisi, Georgia. This gives students greater flexibility in terms of tuition fees and the programme itself.
- The online learning component is made up of video lectures, live-streamed classes, question banks and exams.
|MD: Year 1||Medical studies Online or at NVU Georgian campus|
- During years two to four, the student will complete clinical rotations at British hospitals, and they will attend lectures at UK campuses.
|MD: Year 2||Clinical rotations at British hospitals & lectures at NVU UK campuses|
|MD: Year 3||Clinical rotations at British hospitals & lectures at NVU UK campuses|
|MD: Year 4||Clinical rotations at British hospitals & lectures at NVU UK campuses|
- Lectures will give students the chance to get hands-on experience with medical practicing equipment while also providing training on how to measure, read and evaluate results.
- Lectures will also offer practical training and up-skilling in operating the machines.
- They will include a variety of mandatory training with as resuscitation and anaphylaxis management equipment.
- You can complete the first year online or on-campus at the New Vision University campus.
- The online learning can be personalised to suit each student’s unique academic needs.
- Recorded Videos: British and Georgian Professors will provide recorded videos of their lectures.
- You can watch video lectures shared by your British and Georgian professors.
- You can engage in live-streamed classes through an interactive teaching platform.
- Use the Question Bank to test your theoretical knowledge.
- There are also online exams such as MCQs, Open Questions etc.
- Attending clinical ward rounds, presentations and teachings.
- Learning patient disease management with consultants and senior training registrars.
- Hands-on experience with patient disease clerking.
- Hands-on clinical examination.
- Attending errands related to patient disease management, pathology testing, taking bloods, and other investigations.
- Attending and learning other ward procedures such as catheter change.
- Attending outpatient clinics.
- Learning to write discharge letters and admission notes.
- Learning clinical skills and communication to patients and families
- Participation in on-call duties and learning on-call procedure with the assigned doctor.
|Fee for the first year (Online or at the NVU Campus in Georgia)||7,000|
|Tuition Fees for UK-based Clinical Rotations||220–250 per ECTS|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
You will need to provide the following:
- Valid immigration status (i.e. you should be able to stay in the UK without a Visa)
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Medical Screening (this is a report with vaccinations etc.)
- Occupational Clearance (i.e. a local GP will need to issue a letter that the student is fit to study)
- Register with a local GP practice
- Indemnity Insurance
- An up-to-date CV
- Valid transcript from previous years
- Prove financial capability (bank statement or a letter from parents)
- UK address and contact details
- The name and contact details of your next of kin
- Mentor in charge