Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine at New Vision University UK (Derby Campus)?
No entry exams
September & March
Up to the last 3 years
- New Vision University (NVU) is a Georgian-based University that offers a 4-year graduate entry MD programme to BSc graduates.
- The University owns campuses in the UK and Georgia comprised of state-of-the-art labs and medical equipment and are staffed with the finest teaching professionals.
- Intakes for this programme take place in October and March.
- NVU is a recognised medical institution and is featured in esteemed medical directories and associations such as the WDMS and FAIMER.
- The university has developed excellent relationships with a network of Hospitals in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia who allow NVU students to make use of their premises and local staff of senior doctors.
Students with Bachelor’s Degrees in Science-related fields have the option to study partially at a UK Campus.Pre-Clinical Years
- Students study on-campus at the NVU medicine campus in Derby.
- Pre-clinical modules are studied in state-of-the-art facilities, digital annexes and teaching spaces with medicine equipment.
- Part of preclinical modules are studied in the UK.
- For the three clinical years, students undertake rotations in university hospitals.
- Lectures and clinical rotations are studied in hospitals and medical facilities.
- Students will complete the clinical studies in Georgia.
Bachelor’s degree holders in science-related fields looking for flexible leaning modes can choose to study partially online.Pre-Clinical Years
- Students have the option to complete part of the programme online.
- Students can learn by watching videos lectures from their British and Georgian professors.
- You can also watch live-streamed videos of classes. Students can ask questions and get answers live via interactive teaching platforms.
- Students can answer questions from a Question Bank after having studied the theoretical sections of each module.
- The majority of the exams will be comprised of MCQ and Open Questions.
- During the clinical years, you can choose to complete your clinical rotations and lectures in Georgia, or in teaching hospitals in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia, depending on availability.
- Students can split their time between hospitals and medical facilities.
- New Vision University graduate entry students will have the option to study their pre-clinical modules on-campus in Derby in the UK.
- NVU has commenced developing and converting a 44,000 sq. ft. building that will be a modern UK Campus with pre-clinical learning facilities.
- The building will open to students in late 2022 with digital and traditional teaching spaces, scientific laboratories, and professional medical training equipment.
- Students have the options to study partially at the UK Campus.
- Students at New Vision University can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes through an interactive teaching platform, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Later, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
- NVU has expanded its teaching faculty and welcomes 110 British Professors to its academic medical staff.
- These British Professors are senior consultants with extensive experience working for the NHS in the UK.
- They are specialist consultant Surgeons and consultant Physicians that hold academic positions in British and American Medical Schools
- Medical students at NVU learn from a medical faculty who teach classes and deliver course material consistent with leading British Universities including the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge and Imperial College.
- International clinical rotation opportunities for students studying at New Vision University are offered for up to three years.
- Offers are made after matching medical student’s preferences and offered clinical rotation in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia.
- Interested students are required to submit the following:
- Application paperwork (the name of the department and facility, the duration of the rotation, and their CV with the clinical rotations opportunity in line with their university’s study programme).
- Official authorisation of their application from the Professor who coordinates their medicine programme.
- Placements are offered upon availability, so an early application is required.
- This opportunity builds out and strengthens a student’s skill base as they learn in new environments, cultures and medical regions while progressing in their programme.
|Fee for the UK campus||10,000 per year|
|Fee for the Georgian campus||7,000 per year|
|Tuition Fees for UK-based Clinical Rotations||320–360 per ECTS|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS.
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.