Why Study Medicine at Gomel State Medical University in Belarus?
No Entry Exams
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Gomel State Medical University?
- Gomel State Medical University (GSMU) is one of Belarus’ leading medical schools.
- The university is a leader in modern medical tertiary education in Europe.
- GSMU has been recognised by the World Health Organisation for offering a very high quality of medical education.
- The university is ranked in the world’s top 100 and highly regarded for the rigorous programmes offered.
- GSMU was founded on principles of nurturing the formation of a versatile, morally mature, and creative student.
- The Faculty of General Medicine was the founding faculty of the university and the institution specialises in this training area.
- The university attracts many international students and operates a standalone faculty to support their needs.
- All medical programmes at GSMU are taught in English and the university is dedicated to international cooperation and education.
- The university works with educational and scientific institutions in the UK, USA and the EU, as well as participating in international projects such as TEMPUS.
- Life at GSMU is structured to enrich the student’s studies with extracurricular programs, extensive creative and performing arts opportunities, and sports clubs.
+ The 6-Year Medicine Programme
- The GSMU 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is studied on campus in Gomel and in Belarus’ hospitals and medical clinics.
- Graduates hold a global qualification as a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- All pre-clinical and clinical modules over the six years are taught in English.
- Over the six years, students study an intensive programme designed to prepare them for a career in medicine with a structure of two years of pre-clinical modules, three years of clinical modules and rotations, and a one-year internship.
- Students are presented a curriculum that develops a range of clinical, academic, research and scientific skills.
- In the first two years of pre-clinical modules, students study on-campus with lectures and seminars, laboratories and research projects, and training with medical equipment.
- In the middle three years, students progress to professional training in hospital and medical clinics with clinical lectures and rotations.
- In the final year, students undertake a rigorous internship and sit final exams to complete their medical training and qualify for their degree.
- Students are supported throughout their programme and encouraged to undertake academic, extra-curricular and networking opportunities to prepare them for their medical career.
- Graduates from the programme currently work in Belarus, Europe and further abroad.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers an exclusive international clinical rotations opportunity for students studying in Belarus to gain experience in global hospitals and medical facilities while studying.
- The clinical rotations involve SME matching students to available spaces in line with their university’s medicine curriculum modules in the UK, Australia, the USA and Canada.
- SME requires the following from applying students:
- Preferences for the rotations inclusive of the location and department as well as duration of the placement as well as their CV.
- Official documented authorisation of their application from the medical professor who coordinates their programme.
- SME advises that places are strictly limited due to the specifics of matching students to the right facility in line with their programme, therefore places will be ordered in order of application submission.
- Gaining international clinical experience while studying is essential for any student wishing to build a global medical career with skill development in diverse settings and broadening a professional network in new settings.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1,660–3,320|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
+ Admission to Gomel State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Belarus.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm
+ Life in Gomel
- Gomel is a significant and historic city located in South-Eastern Belarus.
- The city dates back to the 12th Century and the name derives from the Finnish word for ‘stream’ after the Gomeuk Stream.
- Modern Gomel is charming and fascinating with palaces, parks and the Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul.
- The city has a strong arts scene with museums, permanent and visiting exhibitions, and art galleries.
- The National Park Pripyatsky is close to Gomel and is a unique nature reserve with oak woods that are home to many migratory birds.
+ Living in Belarus
- Belarus has a strong heritage of education in medicine as well as the arts.
- Studying in the country is a unique experience due to its location in Eastern Europe and its diverse surrounding nations.
- The capital city of Minsk is famed for its mix of ancient, 20th century and modern architecture.
- The local Belarussian people are very proud and renowned for their welcoming, friendly approach to visitors.
- Students living in Belarus enjoy a lifestyle focused on the outdoors with pristine forests, lakes and rivers plus fairytale castles and palaces.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events