Why Study Dentistry in English at the University of Traditional Medicine in Armenia?
No entry exams
Dentistry: 5 Years
Offered with BSc Degree
+ Why choose the University of Traditional Medicine?
- The University of Traditional Medicine is a private university established in 1991.
- It is one of the premier medical universities in the region.
- Within 10 years, this progressive university had received full accreditation, with this being conferred in 2001.
- The university has an excellent reputation for the standard of teaching and research in the fields of medicine and dentistry, with recognition as a WHO-approved university.
- It boasts students from all corners of the world, including India and across Europe.
- Many of the dentistry graduates have gone on to open their own private clinics.
- There is a highly active student council that frequently organises cultural, sporting and entertainment events.
+ What does the Dentistry programme involve?
- The dentistry course is taught in English and lasts for five years.
- In years one and two, the focus is on immersing students in medical theory as well as key dentistry fundamentals.
- The focus shifts to clinical training between years three and five and includes clinical practice and apprenticeship, with the study of pre- and post-clinical dentistry procedures.
- Some graduates choose to stay in Armenia to enjoy the low cost of living that makes it a very affordable country in which to live.
- Alternatively, graduates can gain excellent employment in any country of their choosing, including the US, the UK and India.
+ Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme
- Graduate entry is open to those who have obtained a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the sciences.
- Graduate Entry allows students to further their education, boost their job prospects and accelerate their path towards a Dental degree.
- Providing they meet the requirements, Graduate Entry students can enrol in the 2nd or 3rd year of the Dentistry programme without taking entrance exams.
- Upon successful completion of all course elements, the student becomes a dentist and obtains a master’s degree.
- For their application, graduates are required to supply transcripts of the bachelor’s degrees they have completed in addition to the other necessary admission documents (listed below).
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
+ Admission to University of Traditional Medicine
Applicants must submit the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history, the course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with information on the subjects studied.
- Documentation from your native country authorising that you’re allowed to study in Armenia.
- A health certificate obtained within the last month and verified by the country where you plan to study.
- Two 4-5cm photos are required.
+ Life in Yerevan
- The capital city Yerevan is also Armenia’s largest city and has a population of more than 1 million.
- Its economy has made significant progress since the beginning of the 21st century.
- Yerevan now has a great selection of restaurants, cafes and retail outlets for shopping at evenings and weekends.
- It is also home to several impressive landmarks, including the Erebuni Fortress, the Saint Gregory Cathedral and the splendid Katoghike Tsiranavor Church.
- The city offers a range of inexpensive public transportation options allowing you to get around the city with ease.
- Yerevan boasts a low cost of living and is a perfect option for students on a budget.
+ Life in Armenia
- Armenia has a population of just under 3 million and has seen consistent economic progress since gaining independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Agriculture is a significant part of Armenia’s economy, with this sector accounting for 20% of the country’s GDP.
- The country’s economy has grown steadily since the mid-1990s, with inflation currently at a record low.
- Many new industries are now thriving in Armenia, such as jewellery making and IT, while tourism has grown substantially in recent years, especially in major cities like Yerevan.
- Armenia’s economic progress has been acknowledged by an increasing level of support from international institutions such as the IMF, which is actively attempting to further progress the Armenian economy through grants and loans.
- An ideal location for people with a love for the outdoors, Armenia offers an endless selection of breathtaking natural, historical, and cultural landscapes.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events