Study 3-Year Medicine. Online Options. Funding Available.
Open days
Join Our Open Days
Study Medicine Europe Open days

Students intending to study medicine or dentistry in Ukraine will need a long-stay visa (type D). This will allow them to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days. You will need to apply for a long-stay visa if you:

  • Are from a country which requires a visa
  • Or, if you are from a country that has signed an agreement regarding a visa-free period of up to 90 days (tourist, private and business travel) to Ukraine

Applying for a Long-Stay Visa in Ukraine

To obtain a long-stay visa (type D), a prospective student will have to submit a series of documents to the consulate or embassy of Ukraine in their respective country. You can find a full list of embassy locations and contact details on the website for the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Regardless of where you submit your documents, you will always be asked to include the original “Invitation to study”. We would like to stress that the documents from your previous education must be officially certified before submission to the consulate. This can be done one of two ways: legalised by the Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Ukraine in your country or certified by Apostille stamp and legalised at the Embassy of Ukraine in your country. These documents must be officially recognised in Ukraine for a Ukrainian university to be able to issue your diploma certificate upon graduation.

All “Invitations to study” issued by universities undergo mandatory registration at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine before being issued to applicants. SME performs such registrations on behalf of the Ministry and provides official confirmation of such registration (visa support) to the Consulate of Ukraine in respective countries. Consulates do not accept documents from international students without such registration and cannot, therefore, proceed with issuing student visas.

Upon receiving an invitation letter, the student will have to contact the Ukrainian embassy in their own country in order to apply for the student visa.

Note: Most Ukrainian embassies usually accept student visa applications and issue student visas throughout the year. In some countries, the embassy starts accepting visa applications and issues visas between 15th July and 15th November. Extensions in these cases are made for the preparatory course until November or December.

Required Documents for Visa Applications

The following documents should be submitted to the Ukrainian embassy as part of the visa application process:

  • A filled-in visa application form
  • International passport valid for one year or more
  • Original invitation letter from the college/university
  • Birth certificate – Translated into Ukrainian
  • Original School Certificates – translated into Ukrainian
  • Medical Certificate – Issued within one month of visa application and is translated into Ukrainian

This must be an approved document by the Ministry of Health in the student’s country.

  • HIV-AIDS-negative certificate – Issued within one month of visa application and translated into Ukrainian
  • An open return air-ticket valid for one year

Note: You can avail of translation services at the Ukrainian embassy for a small cost (usually between 6085).

Watch Our Videos
Real Success StoriesReviews
Open DaysEntry Exams
Networking Events
+Our Students
+Authorised Recruiters

Callback Request