Why Study Medicine at the New Vision University in the UK?
No entry exams
From 3500 per year
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose New Vision University?
- The New Vision University is a Georgian university offering UK-based courses comprising a six-year MD route, an accelerated five-year MD route and a four-year Graduate Entry MD pathway.
- You can tailor the course to meet your specific needs, so you will have greater flexibility in terms of tuition fees and the programme itself.
- The New Vision University is well-staffed and is fully-equipped with laboratories and medical equipment.
- Intakes for this programme take place in October and March.
- New Vision University features state-of-the-art labs and medical equipment and is staffed with the finest teaching professionals.
- New Vision University is a recognised medical institution and is featured in esteemed medical directories such as the WDMS and FAIMER.
- The university has developed excellent relationships with a network of NHS Hospitals in the UK who allow NVU students to make use of their premises and local staff of consultants and senior doctors. These same university hospitals teach students from UK medical schools.
- NHS-based clinical rotations will give NVU graduates an edge when applying for work in the UK.
- Upon graduation from either programme, the student will receive an MD degree.
+ The 6-Year Programme
This programme is divided into pre-clinical and clinical years.Pre-Clinical Years
- During the pre-clinical years, you will complete a BSc degree in any accredited university (be it in the UK, the EU, or a non-EU country) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Nursing etc.
- During the two-month summer period, you will complete medical studies at the NVU Georgian campus.
|MD: Year 1||Spend the 1st year studying for a BSc degree + 2 months of summer studies at the NVU Georgian campus|
|MD: Year 2||Spend the 2nd year studying for a BSc degree + 2 months of summer studies at the NVU Georgian campus|
|MD: Year 3||Spend the 3rd year studying for a BSc degree + 2 months of summer studies at the NVU Georgian campus|
- During the clinical years, you can choose to complete your clinical rotations and lectures in the UK, depending on availability.
- Students can split their time between British and Georgian hospitals.
|MD: Year 4||Clinical rotations and lectures at British and Georgian hospitals|
|MD: Year 5||Clinical rotations and lectures at British and Georgian hospitals|
|MD: Year 6||Clinical rotations and lectures at British and Georgian hospitals|
+The 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- The Graduate Entry Medicine Programme at NVU UK offers students the opportunity to accelerate their medical degree with rigorous studies at a world-class university.
- Students study a pre-clinical and clinical programme comprised of theoretical and practical units.
- The overall course structure for the Graduate programme involves students enrolling in the third year of the 6-Year NVU medical course. Eligibility for application requires a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- Applicants submit their academic transcripts of courses already completed in addition to necessary admission documents.
- NVU graduates are qualified with professional medical training and skill development after completing clinical rotations at British and Georgian hospitals.
+ What Do the Lectures Entail?
- Lectures will give students the chance to get hands-on experience with medical practicing equipment while also providing training on how to measure, read and evaluate results.
- Lectures will also offer practical training and up-skilling in operating the machines.
- They will include a variety of mandatory training with as resuscitation and anaphylaxis management equipment.
+ What Do the Clinical Rotations Entail?
- Attending clinical ward rounds, presentations and teachings.
- Learning patient disease management with consultants and senior training registrars.
- Hands-on experience with patient disease clerking.
- Hands-on clinical examination.
- Attending errands related to patient disease management, pathology testing, taking bloods, and other investigations.
- Attending and learning other ward procedures such as catheter change.
- Attending outpatient clinics.
- Learning to write discharge letters and admission notes.
- Learning clinical skills and communication to patients and families
- Participation in on-call duties and learning on-call procedure with the assigned doctor.
+ How Much Do the Programmes Cost?
|Fee for the Undergraduate Route (i.e. 2-Month Summer Study at NVU Georgia Campus)||3,500|
|Accommodation Fees the 2-Month Summer Study Period in Georgia||500–600|
|Tuition Fees for UK-based Clinical Rotations||220–250 per ECTS|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
+ Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+Admission Documents for Clinical Rotations
- Valid immigration status (i.e. you should be able to stay in the UK without a Visa)
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Medical Screening (this is a report with vaccinations etc.)
- Occupational Clearance (i.e. a local GP will need to issue a letter that the student is fit to study)
- Register with a local GP practice
- Indemnity Insurance
- An up-to-date CV
- Valid transcript from previous years
- Prove financial capability (bank statement or a letter from parents)
- UK address and contact details
- The name and contact details of your next of kin
- Mentor in charge
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events