Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Belarus
No Entry Exams
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+What is 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine?
Gomel State Medical University
- In Belarus, Gomel State Medical University (GSMU) welcomes applicants for the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme.
- All modules are taught in English at the GSMU campus and in medical hospitals and facilities in Gomel, Belarus.
- Studies for the programme begin in Year Three of the GSMU 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- When applying, candidates must demonstrate their Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science and submit academic transcripts.
- Successful applicants to the graduate programme do not sit entry exams.
- The curriculum at GSMU is designed to thoroughly train students in all areas of medical practice with three years of intensive clinical modules and a one-year state internship to qualify as a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- Over the first three years, clinical modules including lectures and rotations are completed with medical professors in Belarussian hospitals and clinics.
- For the entirety of the final year, the one-year internship is studied across specialities and elective specialist areas before the mandatory major exams.
- Graduates from GSMU work internationally as doctors in Europe, the UK, North America and Australia.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess graduate applications for Belarus medicine programmes (including Bachelor’s qualifications and academic transcripts); the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below outlines all relevant information.
+What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, USA and Australia?
- SME offers Belarus university students a special opportunity to gain international clinical experience while studying in the UK, Canada, Ireland, the USA and Australia.
- Participating students are matched by SME to a clinical rotation in line with their course modules at working hospitals and clinics in the available regions.
- To apply, students submit to SME:
○ Their professional CV and their preferences for the rotation (the location, the department and duration of time for placement).
○ A signed authorisation document for the application from the professor coordinating their medical programme.
- Placement spaces are limited due to the specificity of matching students accurately in line with their medicine programme; SME offers placements in order of application submission.
- The international clinical rotations program is an invaluable pathway for students to increase their skills in diverse medical settings, build their professional network and study at the same time.
+What Universities Offer Graduate Entry Medicine in Belarus?
Gomel State Medical University
- Medical students can study a 4-Year Graduate Programme at GSMU.
- The campus is located in the city of Gomel in south-east Belarus and all modules are taught in English.
- GSMU is ranked in the world’s Top 100 medical schools and attracts international students from all over the world to study at the modern campus.
- The graduate programme is structured as an intensive, competitive medicine pathway and studies commence in the third year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Programme.
- GSMU operates cooperative partnerships with European and international institutions including exchanges, research programmes and conferences.
- Degrees from GSMU are recognised by the World Health Organization, European Medical Council, GMC, SLMC, ECFMG, MCI, AMC and UNESCO.
- There are currently over 1,000 international students at GSMU including students from the UK, Japan, the USA and Australia.
+What are the Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Belarus.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Belarus for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Belarus?
- Belarus is a country with a well-regarded history of education and medical excellence.
- Living and studying in Belarus is enriching for students as they learn in a unique setting, enjoy a relaxed yet modern pace of life, and can connect with a diverse network of Belarussian, European and international residents.
- Minsk is the capital of Belarus and a fascinating mix of culture, architecture, nature and history.
- Belarus has a very well-preserved natural landscape and residents spend a lot of time outdoors exploring the forests, lakes, rivers, ski resorts and the Belarussian Ridge.
- Traditional culture is another central part of living in Belarus with folk holidays, festivals, fairs, museums, galleries and public art.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events