Why Study Graduate Dentistry in the UK (Derby Campus)?
No Entry Exams
From 7,000 per year
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
- Universities in the UK offer a 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme that qualifies students with a global qualification in Dentistry.
- Candidates are eligible to apply if they hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- Applications require candidates to submit analytical academic transcripts of prior studies which are assessed by an evaluation team.
- The UK graduate programme commences in the second year of the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme.
- Students study at an accelerated rate with one year of preclinical modules studied in the UK followed by three years of clinical modules at dentistry facilities.
- Graduates from this programme are highly qualified with an international degree and are in a fantastic position to pursue a career in the region, or further abroad.
- Students will complete the majority of the studies in Georgia.
- Candidates wishing to pursue a graduate dentistry qualification in the UK can study at New Vision University (NVU), a Georgian-based University with campuses in Tbilisi, Georgia and Derby, Georgia.
- In the second half of 2021, NVU welcomes students to study on-campus in Derby, UK.
- NVU is an institution operating international dentistry and medical schools that are highly regarded for their excellent staff and exceptional modern facilities.
- The university has been featured in esteemed medical directories and associations including WDMS and FAIMER.
- Full teaching campuses offer comprehensive learning resources and equipment for students including scientific research laboratories, dentistry and medical training equipment, and digital zones.
- NVU has established partnerships with dental and medical facilities, clinics and practices that offer students training pathways for their professional dentistry career.
- Dentistry students from graduate programmes will study in the UK at the New Vision University (NVU) campus secured in Derby.
- The campus will open in the second half of 2021 after comprehensive modern conversion of a 44,000 sq. ft. building to a Medicine and Dentistry School.
- NVU welcomes students to study on-campus in Derby with facilities for pre-clinical studies.
- Students enrolled in on-campus programmes will study modules for dental and medical training using world-class equipment, laboratories, and learning spaces.
The 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme is only open to students who have completed a Bachelor of Science (or related science degree such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Biomedicine etc.) at a university in the UK, Europe, or outside the UK with these academic transcripts assessed as part of the application process.Applicants must also provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which: ○ Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be: ○ From during the dental degree,
○ Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
○ During post-qualification experience, or,
○ A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
- The UK is a leading region for dentistry training and extensive professional opportunities for graduates to work in the field.
- The UK attracts many of the world’s most experienced dentistry professors and dentists who teach in NHS facilities and surgeries.
- Students complete clinical rotations and learn from working dentistry professionals.
- This is a worthwhile pathway for dentistry students interested in establishing a career in the region and they develop local professional networks.
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.