Why Study Dentistry in the UK (Derby Campus)?
No Entry Exams
First 2 Years
The UK Campus Route of the Undergraduate Entry programme offered by New Vision University provides partial studies in the UK.
- Students can study in the UK at the modern facilities of New Vision University.
- Students study two years of preclinical dentistry modules in the Derby campus in the UK attending lectures and practicing on medical simulations
- Years Three to Five involve dentistry training and lectures with clinical modules and dentistry procedures studied in Georgian dental clinics and practices.
New Vision University offers the Online Route of the Undergraduate Entry course to students who are looking to study partially online.
- Students have the opportunity to study part of the dental course online.
- The course consists of two years pre-clinical study that can be completed online using live-streamed classes, video lectures and question banks.
- The last three years of clinical training are offered in Georgian dental clinics.
The Graduate Entry Dentistry UK Campus Route offered by New Vision University is suitable to Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) holders that would like to study partially in the UK.
- The programme comprises accelerated study with a structure of one year of preclinical modules and three years of clinical dentistry modules with training.
- For Year One, students study on-campus in Derby, UK with lectures and seminars that make up the preclinical modules of dentistry fundamentals.
- Years Two to Four, students proceed to clinical modules consisting of more lectures and practical dentistry training in dental practices and facilities in Georgia.
New Vision University offers the Graduate Entry Online Route to Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) holders that are looking to study partially online.
- Students have the option to study partially online.
- The course is comprised of one year pre-clinical study that can be completed online.
- The remaining three year of studies will be offered at dental practices and facilities in Georgia
- Dentistry students will study partially on-campus in the UK at the brand new New Vision University campus.
- The university has secured a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby that will be a Medicine and Dentistry Campus with state-of-the-art facilities including lecture and seminar spaces, medical and dentistry equipment, and scientific laboratories.
- Students from Medicine and Dentistry programmes will commence studies on-campus in late 2022.
- Students can study at a UK Campus up to the first 2 years for an undergraduate course or up to the first 1 year for a graduate course .
- New Vision University is offering online study options to suit each student’s unique academic needs.
- Students can watch live-streamed videos of classes and engage in live-streamed classes via an interactive teaching platform.
- Students can study up to the first 2 years online for an undergraduate course or up to 1 year online for a graduate course .
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- UK: The General Dental Council (GDC) specifies a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical experience which comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment and not the time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students.
- The UK is highly regarded for training students in medical fields including dentistry with a lengthy history of providing top-quality dental education.
- Studying in a UK campus sets students on a professional path that enables them to build strong networks in the industry ahead of their dentistry career.
- Any dental student that has completed partially his/her studies in England is well-positioned to secure employment after graduation.