Why Study Medicine in English at International European University (online or on-campus)?
No entry exams
5 or 6 Years
Available Due to Covid-19
+Why choose International European University?
- International European University (IEU) is a leading contemporary learning institution in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine.
- IEU is renowned for its advanced, interactive facilities established across three urban campuses that are based across Kiev.
- There are over 5,000 students enrolled at IEU including a population of 2,000 international students.
- IEU is a leader in the partnerships space with active cooperative partnerships for academia and innovative programs in place with international universities and organisations including Erasmus+, MedEdWorld, and, the Association for Medical Education in Europe.
- The university works extensively with many other countries including partnerships with the United States of America, China, and Canada.
+What does the 6-Year Medicine Programme involve?
- Students will study undergraduate medicine in Kiev, Ukraine over six years when they apply for the IEU 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- This programme is taught in English and very attractive for international students.
- The medicine programme is structured into pre-clinical modules and clinical modules studied over six years at IEU.
- The programme involves two study semesters every year with set modules to be completed for progressive education and medical skill development.
- Students study in a range of engaging formats including on-campus and recorded lectures, tutorials and laboratories, and practical clinical settings.
- The teaching faculty of IEU includes highly experienced medical academics and clinical professionals who teach students in classrooms, laboratories, and clinical settings.
- Due to Covid-19, students can study online (or on-campus):
○ Years One to Three – For up to the first three years of their pre-clinical modules online
○ Years Four to Six – Three years of clinical rotations at IEU
- Students are able to study one clinical year online for 2020/21 due to Covid-19.
- Students graduate from IEU with a globally-recognised MD (Doctor of Medicine) qualification enabling them to work as a doctor all over the world.
+ What does the 5-Year Accelerated Medicine Programme involve?
- The IEU 5-Year Accelerated Undergraduate Medicine Programme is an advanced medicine course completed in five years rather than six.
- Students commence studies in Year Two of 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine.
- High school graduates who have completed an Advanced Diploma can apply for this course.
- At IEU, due to Covid-19, students can study online with the following structure:
○ Years One to Two – online study for up to two years online (or on-campus)
○ Years Three to Five –three years clinical rotations on-campus
- Students can also complete a clinical year online for the 2020/21 year due to Covid-19.
- Graduates from this programme are qualified with a competitive international degree that advances them in their medical career one year ahead of schedule.
+ What is the 3-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Course?
- IEU offers the 3-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to graduates from a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field.
- Studies commence studies in Year Four of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Applicants submit their analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams.
- This course offers accelerated study and is highly sought after by international students.
- IEU also offers Graduate Entry Medicine for non-science related Bachelor’s Degree graduates as a 4-Year or 5-Year Graduate Entry Programme.
- This pathway for graduates sees them qualify with an international medicine degree.
- Online study is available at IEU due to Covid-19:
○ For 2020/21 only, students currently studying a clinical year can study online.
- Graduates of this competitive programme currently practise medicine in the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Read More
+ What does the Online Study involve?
- Students can choose to study online (or on-campus) due to Covid-19.
- The online learning offers students a tailored pathway for their studies.
- IEU students have the following guidelines for their specific programme:
○ For up to the first three years of the 6-Year Undergraduate Course
○ For up to the first two years of the 5-Year Accelerated Undergraduate Course
○ For the 2020/21 year only, one year of clinical studies can be studied online of the 3-Year Graduate Entry Course
- Online studies comprise a range of live and pre-recorded lectures.
- The interactive teaching platform also has live-streamed classes.
- Students access a range of resources via the platform and examinations are also completed online.
+ How Much Does the Programme Cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||September, November, March & May||4300|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1540–3080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+ Admission to International European University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Kiev
- Kiev has a rich history as the capital of Ukraine with this fifth century city home to over two million residents.
- The capital is famed for its architecture, historical authenticity, and it is one of the oldest cities in Eastern Europe.
- Kiev is a prominent destination for its unique food scene, affordability, and diversity of attractions both old and new.
- The city is perfect for nature lovers as well as those who enjoy a more urban lifestyle.
- The high level public transport system makes it easy to travel and includes the Metro, buses, trams, and the trolley.
- Overall, despite being a capital city, Kiev has a low cost of living and entertainment options, perfect for students regardless of their interests.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Ukraine is celebrated as one of the most diverse countries in Europe with its history, nature, architecture, and culture.
- As the largest country in Europe, it has a unique geography of mountains, lakes, forests, waterfalls, the sea, and fertile steppes.
- Ukraine’s black soil is famous for farming and there is a strong culture of traditional cuisine.
- Ukrainian people are very proud of their culture, friendly, hospitable, and passionate about the arts and education.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events