Why study Graduate Entry Medicine in English at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University?
No Entry Exams
3 or 4 Years
Up to the last 3 years
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is one of the most established and well-regarded medical institutions in Ukraine.
- The university attracts a large international population with over 2,200 students from 40 countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
- ZSMU has an exceptional research and clinical history, including being the location of the first heart transplant in Ukraine.
- Student life is balanced with culture and sporting activities including a world-class activity precinct and many outdoor clubs.
- ZSMU boasts top-quality IT facilities on-campus as well as the clinical training facility, “University Clinic”.
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- ZSMU in Ukraine is open for applications to the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine course with the prerequisite of a science-related Bachelor’s Degree such as Biomedical Science.
- ZSMU is highly regarded for its established medical faculty with all modules taught in English and studies commencing in Year Three or Year Four of the 6-Year Undergraduate course.
- Applicants must submit official documentation including their analytical academic transcripts and, if successful, do not sit entry exams.
- ZSMU is a leader in pre-clinical and clinical pedagogy in Ukraine with all coursework in line with EU standards of medical education.
- The ZSMU teaching team consists of academic, research, clinical and specialist staff who guide students in lectures, laboratories, seminars, in the ‘University Clinic’ and in medical facilities.
- Due to the large international student population, alumni benefit from a significant global network and work all over the world with their MD qualification.
- Study Medicine Europe’s (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess graduate programme applications including academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies paperwork; all official Graduate Entry Assessment Process information is available at the tab below.
- SME offers ZSMU students the competitive opportunity to complete clinical rotations abroad for up to three years in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in line with their course modules.
- SME coordinates placements matched to the ZSMU modules with rotations in medical settings in the USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and the UK.
- Students apply directly to SME with key documentation required:
- Their placement preferences of the location and department of placement as well as the duration, plus their CV and programme details.
- An official confirmed application authorisation from the coordinating Professor of their ZSMU programme.
- SME places students in the rotations abroad based on the matching, places available and in order of application submission; places are limited due to numbers and preference matching.
- ZSMU students expand their professional CV with a clinical placement abroad, learning in dynamic locations, and extending their medical network.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees($)|
|Medicine||October & March||
1–3 years of study : 4,000
4–6 years of study : 4,500
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1660–3320|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- Zaporizhzhia is located in South-East Ukraine and is the sixth-largest city in the country.
- The city’s planning is excellent and it is located near an airport with fantastic public transport, including trains, buses and trolleybus.
- The natural beauty of Zaporizhzhia is famous and it is in close proximity to the beautiful Dnieper River and a national park.
- The city also has a rich cultural scene including art markets, theatres, live music and festivals, and museums.
- Zaporizhzhia is very historic as it was the home of the Cossacks and it is near the island of Khortytsya.
- Ukraine is the largest country in the EU and is centrally located to Western and Eastern countries on the continent.
- For centuries, Ukraine has been a leading food producer and naturally has exceptional local food and cultural cuisine.
- The natural beauty of Ukraine is astounding with mountains, glacial melt, coastline, waterfalls, ski slopes, lakes, steppes, and ancient forests.
- Ukrainians are passionate about their culture and language and characterised for their openness and hospitality.