Why study Graduate Entry Medicine in English at Sumy State University?
No Entry Exams
3 or 4 Years
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Sumy State University?
- Sumy State University (SSU) is located in the North-East of Ukraine, with a population of approximately 16,000 students.
- The international student community is sizeable with around 1,300 foreign students from over 50 different countries enrolled at SSU.
- SSU is regarded as a leading Ukrainian university on the aggregators Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank.
- The university has well-established international connections and is in cooperation with over 200 global partners.
- Students at SSU experience a rich extracurricular culture with almost 100 sports clubs and representative opportunities including the Olympic Games, World and European Championships.
+ What is the 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Medicine Course?
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- SSU in Sumy, Ukraine is open for applications from graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field, such as Biomedical Science, to apply for the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine course.
- Studies for the programme commence in the third or fourth year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course and all modules are taught in English.
- The application process requires submission of official forms and analytical academic transcripts and, if approved, candidates do not sit entry exams.
- SSU is renowned for its progressive and rigorous teaching framework in line with EU standards for all pre-clinical and clinical modules.
- The pedagogical standards at SSU are focused on fundamental and clinical knowledge developments with students learning in small groups from dedicated teachers in lectures, seminars, hospitals and medical facilities.
- SSU graduates have highly established skills based on the university’s range of mobility programmes, international conferences, and summer practice abroad initiatives.
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) has the authorised SME Transcript Evaluation Team to assess application documents and academic transcripts for the graduate programme; the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below provides all relevant information for this framework.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia entail?
- SME provides a clinical rotations opportunity for SSU students to undertake modules abroad for up to three years in professional medical settings.
- SME matches the SSU rotations modules with placements of students at clinical facilities and hospitals in Ireland, the UK, Australia, Canada, and the USA.
- Interested students must submit a formal application to SME with:
○ Their CV and specific preferences for their rotations (in line with their programme) that itemises the location, the department of placement, and the duration of the placement.
○ An official authorisation from the Professor coordinating their SSU programme that confirms their application.
- The rotations opportunity is strictly limited with SME processing applications and placing students in order of submission as well as placement matches available.
- Completing up to three years of clinical rotations abroad is an invaluable way for student’s to diversify their medical experience and skills while preparing for a global medicine career.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||4,300|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1,660–3,320|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
+ Admission to Sumy State University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- SME exclusively offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme on behalf of our European partner universities for students who meet the entry requirements.
+ Life in Sumy
- Sumy is a picturesque city and the administrative capital of the Sumy Region in North-Eastern Ukraine.
- Situated on the banks of the Psel River, the city boasts a population of more than 44,000 students that has given it the nickname “City of Students.”
- Sumy has a wealth of cultural attractions including theatres, art galleries, museums, and it also hosts a number of internationally-acclaimed music festivals.
- The historic and modern meld of Sumy is very charming with its architecture reflecting both new and traditional styles.
- Like many Ukrainian cities, Sumy is well-connected via the country’s rail network enabling easy transition to different regions.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Ukraine attracts many international students as a leading educational region as well as for its wealth of diverse cultures.
- Ukraine is the largest country in the European Union and has an incredibly rich cross-section of attractions and lifestyle benefits that reflect this.
- The nature of Ukraine is part of its renown with four distinct seasons plus mountains, forests, waterfalls, steppes and coastline.
- The country has a range of educational metropolitan hubs where students can affordably study, have a balanced lifestyle, and benefit from the strong academic and professional networks Ukrainian universities belong to.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events