Why Study Graduate Entry Dentistry at New Vision University UK (Derby Campus)?
No Entry Exams
From 7,000 per year
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
- New Vision University (NVU) is a Georgian university with campuses in Tbilisi and Derby that offers a 4-Year Graduate Dentistry Programme.
- NVU programmes are taught in the UK and in Georgia.
- The university is a leading Georgian institution with a teaching faculty of professors, scholars and practitioners from all over the world.
- NVU has two annual intakes: one in October and one in March.
- As a modern university, all facilities are of a state-of-the-art standard with scientific research laboratories, dentistry equipment, and digital learning spaces.
- The global qualification from NVU equips students with comprehensive training in dentistry procedures and surgeries enabling them to work internationally or in the ideal position to build a career in the UK.
The four years of study are structured into pre-clinical and clinical modules.Pre-Clinical Year
- Graduates studying the four-year graduate dentistry programme complete one year of pre-clinical modules on-campus at the Derby NVU campus in the UK then three years of clinical modules in dental practices and facilities.
- Candidates can apply for the accelerated programme if they hold a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) such as Biomedical Science.
- For the last three years of the programme, students study clinical modules comprising lectures and all dental clinical training.
- The dentistry training is comprehensive and prepares students for all aspects of dentistry procedures and surgeries.
- Students will complete the majority of the studies in Georgia.
- Undergraduate and graduate dentistry students will study at the New Vision University (NVU) UK campus in the second half of 2021.
- The 44,000 sq. ft. building NVU have secured in Derby will be converted to a dentistry and medicine campus with teaching and seminar spaces, laboratories, and training equipment.
- Dentistry students will commence on-campus in late 2021.
- Lectures give dentistry students the chance to get hands-on experience with dental equipment while also providing training on how to measure, read and evaluate results.
- Lectures will also offer practical training and up-skilling in operating the machines.
- Lectures are also taught in clinical modules e.g. dentistry procedures (root canals, fillings, crowns, root canals and managing comprehensive dental care).
|Fee for the UK & Georgian campuses (availability of a 25% discount at both UK & Georgian campuses)||7,000 per year|
|Tuition Fees for UK-based Clinical Rotations||320–360 per ECTS|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
- Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
- Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
- From during the dental degree,
- During post-qualification experience, or,
- A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.